Calling all families! Please join us for the first PTO meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 19th at 8:30 in the cafeteria. You are already a member of our PTO, some come to meet some fun people and find out how you can support our students and staff.
Students are selling items in support of our annual fundraiser. These funds allow us to pay for field trips, instructional tools for students, student celebrations, and more. See the attached flyer for more information, and click this story for online orders.
Finally! We are so happy to welcome kids back to Smith Elementary School. Some reminders for a successful year:
- Students need to be in their classrooms by 8:20 to avoid tardies.
- Doors open at 7:45, so please drop them off with plenty of time to get to class.
- Students must be in class by 10:00 to be counted present for the day.
- Only buses can go to the back parking lot, unless the student is enrolled in Early Morning Childcare. No drop-offs after 7:45 in the back.
- Visitors are allowed in the cafeteria at lunch time. No visitors in the instructional area during the school day.
- No transportation changes or taking students early after 2:30.
- Buses may run late the first week. We will have teachers riding the bus the first two days of school to help the bus driver.
We appreciate your help! Ms. Rivera's welcome letter is attached. It is also in the students' welcome packets. We're going to have an awesome year!
Join us for Meet the Teacher Night on Thursday, August 16th from 4:00 to 6:00. When you arrive, go to your child's grade-level hall to see who's class he or she is in. We are going to have an awesome year!
She has served as the academic coach for the past two years at Williams Elementary and has 20 years of experience in education.
“I am truly honored and excited to become a part of the Smith family. I have dreamed of becoming an Assistant Principal for a long time. As they say: ‘when one door closes, another door opens’ and as this door opens, I can’t wait to foster the love of learning with the students, staff and the community. Expect the BEST!”
Ms. Hoffman has spent most of her educational career in Cy-Fair ISD (CFISD) and more recently, Magnolia ISD. She has taught all elementary grade-levels and content areas including populations in special education, English as a second language, and gifted and talented program.
She holds a Bachelor’s degree for Interdisciplinary Studies in Elementary Education from the University of Houston and a Master’s degree for Mid-Management in Education from Sam Houston State University.
She and her husband Shaun reside in Cypress, Texas with their 2 daughters. Shaun owns a corrugated box company in the Houston area and is an antique car junkie. Hannah, who is 18, will be attending Sam Houston State this fall, pursuing a degree in nursing. Grayson, who is 11, will be entering middle school and one day hopes to be a police officer.